Unfortunately, not all women emerge from breast augmentation surgery with the chest they’ve always wanted. Especially if the surgery was performed by an inexperienced surgeon, some women are left with undesirable results and painful complications that require an additional corrective procedure.
Although breast augmentation is regarded as a safe, effective procedure, and silicone-gel implants continue to retain a good standing following their most recent FDA approval, problems do occasionally occur. Therefore, some patients may find breast revision surgery to be a future necessity.
In these cases, Dr. Farzaneh is considered by many to be a trusted breast revision expert, correcting any issues that have arisen since your primary procedure to create the beautiful breasts you wanted the first time around.
What is a Breast Revision?
Breast revision is a specialized cosmetic surgery designed to correct a problem, complication or undesirable result that occurred as the result of a prior breast augmentation procedure.
Issues Corrected with a Breast Revision Surgery
Though most women emerge from their breast augmentation with the beautiful chest they’ve always wanted, unfortunately some patients do experience unwanted cosmetic issues that need to be addressed, including:
- Hardened scar tissue, also known as capsular contracture. A common side effect of poorly performed procedures or simply an adverse reaction to the implants, internal scar tissue can cause your breasts to harden and distort after surgery.
- Asymmetrical implants or nipples. Implants or nipples that are unevenly placed or sized will require a corrective procedure to restore a balanced and attractive look.
- Improper implant placement. Implants that are placed too high, too low or too close together can cause an undesirable and unnatural cosmetic effect.
- Deflated implants. When your implants leak or burst, they become deflated. When this occurs, a breast revision surgery is required to replace the implant and restore a beautiful chest.
- Implants that are the wrong size. When there is a breakdown in communication between the patient and the surgeon, the patient can end up with an implant that is either too small or too large for their body.
- Gravitational lowering.
- Desire to increase or decrease the implant size.
I love Dr. Farzaneh and his staff. Dr. F is very compasionate and great at what he does. I am so please with the new implants I received. I feel they are much more natural in appearance and feel. The follow up care was also fantastic, Dr. F goes above and beyond in every way. I highly reccommend Dr. Farzaneh for any procedure you may be thinking of.
Following a breast revision with Dr. Farzaneh, you can expect to see your ideal chest when you look in the mirror. Any imperfections and complications that were caused by your primary procedure will have been corrected – and you’ll simply possess the exquisite, natural-looking breasts you wanted the first time around.
Are You a Candidate for a Breast Revision?
As with all of his cosmetic procedures, Dr. Farzaneh determines breast revision candidacy on an individual basis, following a thorough discussion of the patient’s cosmetic goals, concerns and desires. With that said, ideal candidates for this surgery are generally:
- In good overall health.
- Without any medical conditions that may impair healing or increase surgery risk.
- Realistic in their expectations of surgery.
In addition, ideal candidates for a breast revision should want to correct a complication or cosmetic issue that has arisen since a prior breast augmentation surgery, such as:
- Breast implants that are too large or too small.
- Breast implants that appear unnatural, or are positioned too high or too low on the body.
- Wrinkling of the skin on the breasts.
- Breasts or nipples that appear asymmetrical after surgery.
- Deflated implants.
- Breasts that feel hard and appear misshapen due to internal scar tissue.
While these general guidelines are helpful, please note that the only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for a breast revision surgery is to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Farzaneh today.
Before & After Gallery
The best way to gauge a surgeon’s skill is to view his past work. Please browse our before and after gallery, to see for yourself the dramatic results you can expect to achieve from a breast revision with board certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farzaneh.
Breast Revision Recovery
The recovery time for breast revision surgery varies for each individual. On average, patients usually take 5 to 14 days off of work while recovering. After undergoing breast revision surgery with Dr. Farzaneh, you’ll be given his personal cell phone number so that you can contact him at anytime with questions or concerns.