For patients suffering with dull and damaged skin, a chemical peel at TrueCare is an extremely effective way to achieve a smooth, radiant and youthful complexion.
What is a chemical peel?
This is a treatment that involves using a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of skin, causing the skin to exfoliate and peel off. This reveals a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and color. When performed correctly, a chemical peel can:
- Eliminate facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation.
- Create a radiant and youthful complexion.
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Reduce the effects of sun damage.
- Improve the appearance of mild scars.
- Treat certain types of acne.
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark patches of skin.
- Improve the look and feel of your skin.
An Overview of the Procedure
To begin your chemical peel, we will first cleanse your skin thoroughly before applying a custom chemical solution. As the chemicals are applied to the skin, they precisely that encourages new skin to grow. In this way, the procedure eliminates dull and damaged skin, and creates a new, youthful complexion.
During the procedure, it is common to feel a slight burning sensation, followed by a stinging sensation. If you are having a deeper peel, or you have a low threshold for pain, you may require pain medication during or after treatment to ensure your comfort. For three to seven days after the procedure, you will experience substantial redness in the treatment area as your old skin peels off and new, undamaged skin emerges.
Before & After Gallery
The best way to gauge a surgeon’s skill is to view his past work. Please browse our before and after gallery, to see for yourself the dramatic results you can expect to achieve from a chemical peels with board certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farzaneh.
Are you a candidate for a chemical peel?
As with all of our cosmetic treatments, chemical peel candidacy is determined on an individual basis, following a thorough discussion of the patient’s cosmetic goals, concerns and desires. With that said, ideal candidates for this procedure generally:
- Want to improve the appearance of their skin by alleviating acne, smoothing wrinkles, improving skin texture, eliminating age spots or reducing the effects of sun damage.
- Are in good overall health with realistic expectations of what a chemical peel can accomplish.
- Are non-smokers.
- Are not currently taking the medication Accutane.
While these general guidelines can help to give you an idea of who can benefit from a chemical peel, please note that the only way to know for sure if you are a candidate is to schedule a private consultation with our team today.