Men suffering with gynecomastia possess over-developed and enlarged male breasts, causing them to experience embarrassment, emotional discomfort and impaired self-confidence. In these cases, Dr. Farzaneh will commonly perform a specialized procedure to reduce the size of the chest area and restore a more masculine appearance.
What is gynecomastia surgery?
Also known as male breast reduction, gynecomastia surgery is a specialized cosmetic treatment designed to reduce breast size in men who are embarrassed by their soft and feminine-looking chests. To perform the procedure, Dr. Farzaneh will commonly use a combination of both liposuction and excising the excess tissue in the chest area to achieve the desired result.
When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery
- If you avoid removing your shirt in public to hide your condition.
- If you avoid intimacy to hide your condition.
- If you want a chest that is proportionate to the rest of your body.
- If you experience severe emotional distress or embarrassment due to your overly developed breasts.
- If your condition severely detracts from your self-confidence.
Before & After Gallery
The best way to gauge a surgeon’s skill is to view his past work. Please browse our before and after gallery, to see for yourself the dramatic results you can expect to achieve from a gynecomastia with board certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farzaneh.
Following gynecomastia surgery with Dr. Farzaneh, you can expect to see a firm, flat and masculine appearance when you take off your shirt. The excess volume and tissue that formed your enlarged breasts will be permanently eliminated, and you’ll no longer feel self-conscious about revealing your chest contours.
In addition, the results of gynecomastia surgery with Dr. Farzaneh tend to be life-changing for his patients, because they not only deliver an enhanced physical appearance – but also unprecedented levels of self-confidence.
Are you a candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
As with all of his cosmetic procedures, Dr. Farzaneh determines gynecomastia surgery candidacy on an individual basis, following a thorough discussion of the patient’s cosmetic goals, concerns and desires. With that said, ideal candidates for this procedure are generally:
- In good overall health.
- Without any medical conditions that may impair healing or increase surgery risk.
- Realistic in their expectations of surgery.
- Near their ideal body weight.
- Suffering with over-developed breasts that are unresponsive to diet and exercise.
While these general guidelines are helpful, please note that the only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for gynecomastia surgery is to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Farzaneh today.